Blades & Cutting Edges
Burke Truck is the sole Black Cat Blades distributor for Wisconsin. We carry or can order the following:
Shielded Carbide Blades
- 3/4" x 6" Carbide Blade sections are offered in 3' and 4' dimensions . These blades have a 1/4" x 2" shield welded to the blade right in front of the carbide chip. This shield protects and helps to eliminate impact fractures of the carbide chip. Gravel is not able to wedge itself between the blade and shield, unlike carbide-cover blade setups.
Burke Bushing Blade ('SnoShock', US6922924)
- 7/8" x 6" Shielded Carbide Blades with 3" Poly Bushings at each mounting bolt. Bushing Blades are offered in 3' and 4' sections. The Bushing Blade will drastically reduce noise and vibration on truck and driver. The Bushing Blade's 0.760" 'Tall Bullnose' Carbide insert extends the life of these blades. Bushing Blades can also be manufactured in 2' sections.
Tungsten Carbide Inserts
- Black Cat Tungsten Carbide Inserted Blades are manufactured using the best quality sintered carbide inserts available. They are brazed into a milled slot in the wearing edge of the blade. You may find Black Cat Carbide Inserts to be larger than popular competitors' carbides which can result in longer blade life and less downtime.
- Cover Plates are installed in front of a standard carbide blade, and they offer protection of the carbide chips from impact. 1/2" x 6" hardened steel, the cover plates are offered in 8', 9', 10', 11' and 12' lengths to cover any plow blade setup with 'standard highway punch' hole pattern.
Joma6000 Plow Blades
- 7/8" x 6" Rubber Blades with Carbide Sections inside. The soft rubber forms to contour of the road surface, the 0.955" tall carbide chip offers a much longer wear life compared to all other carbide blades. The BlackCat Joma Blades are offered in 3' and 4' sections. Mounting straps are always included in our price.
1-1/2" x 10" & 1-1/2" x 8" Rubber Blades
- 2500psi Tensile Strength offered with, or without slotted holes, cut to any length. Rubber blades offer great cleaning capabilities, while protecting the road surface. Available in 1-1/2" x 8" rubber, and 1-1/2" x 10" rubber with no holes, cut to length. And we also offer the 1-1/2'" x 10" rubber in 11' and 12' lengths with slotted holes for 'standard highway punch'. Slotted holes allow precise adjustability for different conditions, such as: crowned roads, low shoulders, areas not scraping clean, etc.
1" x 6" Through Hardened Blades
- Replace that old blade for less than half the cost of carbide blades, 'Through Hardened Blades' are heat treated to 45-52 Rockwell hardness. These Blades have become very popular in the private contractor market. We currently offer them in 11' and 12' lengths, in 'standard highway punch'. Other size and hole punch patterns are available by special order.
Small Plow and other blades available from Burke Truck:
- Plow Blades
- Grader Blades
- Underbody / Belly Blades
- Carbide Insert Blades
- Carbide Embedded Blades
- Sno-Way Plow Cutting Edge
- Western Plow Blades
- Carbide Underbody / Belly Scraper Blades
- Heavy-Duty Carbide Underbody Blades
- Loader Blades
- Construction Blades